Technical Project Manager (Hybrid or Remote)
We are a team of passionate software engineers, product managers, and designers that enjoy building outstanding web and mobile applications.
Millions of people use our apps. We work for companies of all sizes; from 1-person startups to Fortune 500 enterprises.
If you want to grow together, work on challenging products and enjoy using the best tools and practices, Nimble is the right place for you! We keep our recruitment process practical and straightforward.
To learn more about how we work, check our handbook named Compass, Github organization, and Medium account.
What will you do?
Although each day is usually different and presenting its own challenges, there are common themes that you will face every day.
- Discovering new projects and breaking them down into high-level features; defining implementation timeline.
- Checking in with the Product team to ensure that there are no new issues, blockers or bottlenecks.
- Monitoring the progress of your projects, assessing the team performance, planning and forecasting team capacity.
- Communicating with stakeholders to share key information and insights on product development.
- Helping Product Managers and Engineers get all the resources and assets they need to make progress and remove blockers.
- Support the Product team with project planning activities.
- Sit in meetings with the Product Managers and Engineering Leads to discuss Product updates and requirements.
Why You'll Love Working Here
You will be proud of any product that has our name on it.
- We are an engineering-focused company. Both co-founders are software engineers and led the tech teams at the most prominent e-commerce powerhouses in South East Asia.
- We really pay attention and care about processes, high quality, and aesthetics.
Strong processes. We not only believe but also really work following agile principles. Developers work on well-sized and well-defined user stories, do estimate using points and work iteratively in short sprints (1-2 weeks).
- Regular one-on-one reviews to constantly improve and grow. We have a clearly defined process for our developers to level up continuously not only their technical skills but also soft skills.
The vast amount of learning resources (Pluralsight, Pragpub, Leanpub, (e-)books, etc.) and yearly education allowance to step up your game.
Nimble Growth session to invest time in acquiring new skills, work on new technology to improve our process, and share the achievements.
- Provident Fund which allows you to save money every month and we match your monthly contributions (see more detailed info).
- Private medical insurance (Allianz) from day one, company care fund, and social welfare coverage.
- Great equipment consisting of a MacBook Pro, large screens, and any accessory to let you work comfortably. Our equipment is renewed every 3 years.
- Casual work attire for everyone.
- Remote work or you can work at our comfortable and modern office space environment in the heart of Bangkok next to BTS Asoke and MRT Sukhumvit (Interchange 21).
- Our office kitchen is fully stocked with drinks and snacks for the team.
- Visa and work permit for foreigners. If you live abroad, we provide a relocation assistance package consisting of a plane ticket allowance and up to 2 weeks of initial accommodation.
- 25 days of paid leaves/year (13 public holidays + 12 personal days).
- Sabbatical month every 3 years.
- Company outing every year.
- And many more perks! Check it out here!
- Remote possible (GMT +7 timezone with maximum 2 hours difference) or willing to relocate to Bangkok.
- You are tech-savvy and you understand what goes into building products.
- You understand the various components that make up an application: backend, frontend, databases, infrastructure, APIs...
- You have the knowledge to create high-level, realistic product development estimations.
- You understand Agile development and you know how to drive stakeholders toward an Agile workflow.
- You also understand waterfall development and you know how to balance waterfall and agility.
- You are highly organized and you know how to get things done effectively.
- You favor working smart over working hard. You know how to use the right tools to efficiently manage projects. You are also capable of adapting your tool-set to a situation.
- You know how to work collaboratively. You can effectively use technology to achieve a fast turnaround.
- You can create detailed and comprehensive plans to lead complex projects to term.
- You have an English Professional working proficiency (ILR level 3).
- You practice active listening and you can understand the intentions behind words.
- You are confident working with multiple stakeholders.
- You know how to navigate politics, and you also know how to not get caught in political games.
- You understand the value of documentation.
- You can write clear and organized documents.
- You are a proactive communicator.
- You can anticipate technical, communication, planning, and execution risks.
- You can proactively identify and propose remediation ideas, plans, and compromises.
- You know how to consider external and internal factors to negotiate timelines and scope.