Team Leader (Web Development)
What You Will Do
- Oversee and ensure the delivery of our projects:
- It's a hands-on role so we expect you do code reviews (besides development) with your squad members.
- While full-time development is not part of the role, we expect and encourage you to take part in the development activities of your choosing to keep your skills in great shape.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Manager and Team Leads to make sure our projects are delivered efficiently following our best practices.
- Work closely with our Product Managers to guide our clients in their product development journey.
- Nurture and assess developers assigned to you:
- Encourage curiosity and continuous learning in the area you are an expert in.
- Perform regular one-on-ones and performance reviews with your direct reports.
- Participate in our recruitment process:
- Be part of the screening and assessment of candidates.
- Collaborate closely with our Talent Team to improve our recruitment processes.
- Provide insights to and collaborate closely with the CTO to:
- Improve the engineering skills of the team.
- Coordinate activities between all engineering areas.
What challenges you will have
- You will be given autonomy and real possibilities to support our company to grow.
- Maintain your technical expertise by being involved in development activities. The Team Leader role remains a 100% software engineering role with some leadership responsibilities. The role comes with reduced development activities but it's still an active "coding" role.
- Our team is composed of Vietnamese/Thai and foreign nationals (> 8 nationalities). So you will have the opportunity to lead developers coming from various backgrounds, cultures, and countries.
- There is a lot of room for you to learn and grow in this role. We are open to new initiatives and processes to improve the way we operate.
Why You'll Love Working Here
You will be proud of any product that has our name on it.
- We are an engineering-focused company. Both co-founders are software engineers and led the tech teams at the most prominent e-commerce powerhouses in South East Asia.
- We really pay attention and care about processes, high quality, and aesthetics.
Strong processes. We not only believe but also really work following agile principles. Developers work on well-sized and well-defined user stories, do estimate using points and work iteratively in short sprints (1-2 weeks).
- Regular one-on-one reviews to constantly improve and grow. We have a clearly defined process for our developers to level up continuously not only their technical skills but also soft skills.
The vast amount of learning resources (Pluralsight, Pragpub, Leanpub, (e-)books, etc.) and yearly education allowance to step up your game.
Nimble Growth session to invest time in acquiring new skills, work on new technology to improve our process, and share the achievements.
- Provident Fund which allows you to save money every month and we match your monthly contributions (see more detailed info).
- Private medical insurance (Allianz) from day one, company care fund, and social welfare coverage.
- Great equipment consisting of a MacBook Pro, large screens, and any accessory to let you work comfortably. Our equipment is renewed every 3 years.
- Casual work attire for everyone.
- Comfortable and modern office space environment in the heart of Bangkok next to BTS Asoke and MRT Sukhumvit (Interchange 21).
- Company-wide Work-From-Anywhere policy
- Equipment Allowance
- Our office kitchen is fully stocked with drinks and snacks for the team.
- Visa and work permit for foreigners. If you live abroad, we provide a relocation assistance package consisting of a plane ticket allowance and up to 2 weeks of initial accommodation.
- 25 days of paid leaves/year (13 public holidays + 12 personal days).
- Sabbatical month every 3 years.
- Company outing every year.
- And many more perks! Check it out here!
- Prior experience as Team Lead/Engineering Manager/Tech Lead for teams of 5 or more is required.
- Prior experience in hiring software developers is required.
- Current active software development experience. We are looking for engineering leaders who are still involved in development actively and want to continue doing so.
- Enjoy working on challenging solutions and systems.
- Believe that building great applications is not only about delivering code that “works”, but involves thinking about reusability, maintainability, security, and performance.
- A "Can do attitude" and a product mindset.
- Confidence in communicating in English.
- Work hybrid 2 days per week in our office or remotely within 2 hours difference from Bangkok timezone (GMT+7)