Senior Web Developer (PHP / Ruby)
We are a team of passionate software engineers, product managers, and designers that enjoy building outstanding web and mobile applications.
Millions of people use our apps. We work for companies of all sizes; from 1-person startups to Fortune 500 enterprises. We take a collaborative and product development approach, creating custom software that people will love to use and solving our clients' problems so that they can focus on what they do best - better.
If you want to grow together, work on challenging products and enjoy using the best tools and practices, Nimble is the right place for you! We keep our recruitment process practical and straightforward.
To learn more about how we work, check our handbook named Compass, Github organization, and Medium account.
Want to see what we have built? Check our Dribbble and Behance accounts.
- We have 2 offices in Vietnam, you can choose whether you would like to work in Ho Chi Minh City or Da Nang
What You Will Do
- Lead a team of developers in a project squad. We have a wide range of project sizes.
- Decide which technologies are going to be used for front-end, back-end and define the overall architecture.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to make sure the backlog is efficiently planned and occasionally assist in technical discussions with clients. Most of the client interfacing is done by the Product Owner.
- Write clean, composable, and maintainable code as you develop world-class products for our clients.
- Write automated tests to build and maintain the product we build for our clients.
- Do code reviews with your squad members.
- Learn new technologies languages like Ruby, Go, or Elixir, and techniques so that you are able to adapt to the evolving needs of our clients.
- Knowledge sharing through team rituals.
- Collaborate with other team members to define the internal processes and initiatives to help the company accomplish its mission. Our handbook has been written by the whole team.
Why You'll Love Working Here
You will be proud of any product that has our name on it.
- We are an engineering-focused company. Both co-founders are software engineers and led the tech teams at the most prominent e-commerce powerhouses in South East Asia.
- We really pay attention and care about processes, high quality, and aesthetics.
Strong processes. We not only believe but also really work following agile principles. Developers work on well-sized and well-defined user stories, do estimate using points and work iteratively in short sprints (1-2 weeks).
- Regular one-on-one reviews to constantly improve and grow. We have a clearly defined process for our developers to level up continuously not only their technical skills but also soft skills.
Vast amount of learning resources (Pluralsight, Pragpub, Leanpub, (e-)books, etc.) and yearly education allowance to step up your game.
- Private health insurance, social welfare coverage and company care fund when someone in the team is in need.
- Great equipment consisting of a MacBook Pro, large screens, and any accessory to let you work comfortably. Our equipment is renewed every 3 years.
- Casual work attire for everyone.
- Comfortable and modern office space environment in the heart of HCMC in district 1 and Da Nang.
- 25 days of paid leaves/year (10 public holidays + 15 personal days).
- Sabbatical month every 3 years.
- Company outing every year.
- Many more perks!
3 or more years of professional web development experience. If you are an expert on PHP and want to step up your game learning another language or two, this is the right place for you.
Proven ability to lead web projects end-to-end from front-end/back-end architecture to implementation and deployment.
- A "can do attitude" and ownership mentality.
- Advanced experience in writing automated tests for web applications.
- You believe that building great applications is not only about delivering code that “works”, but involves thinking about reusability, maintainability, security and performance.
- Confidence in communicating in English.
- Willing to relocate to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.