Senior iOS Developer
We are a team of passionate software engineers, product managers, and designers that enjoy building outstanding web and mobile applications.
Millions of people use our apps. We work for companies of all sizes; from 1-person startups to Fortune 500 enterprises. We take a collaborative and product development approach, creating custom software that people will love to use and solving our clients' problems so that they can focus on what they do best - better.
If you want to grow together, work on challenging products and enjoy using the best tools and practices, Nimble is the right place for you! We keep our recruitment process practical and straightforward.
To learn more about how we work, check our handbook named Compass, Github organization, and Medium account.
Want to see what we have built? Check our Dribbble and Behance accounts.
What You Will Do
- You will have the leading position of the development team in a project squad working with a Product Owner and UX/UI Designer.
- Decide which technologies are going to be used and define the overall architecture.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to make sure the backlog is efficiently planned and occasionally assist in technical discussions with clients. Most of the client interfacing is done by the Product Owner.
- Write clean, composable, and maintainable code as you develop world-class products for our clients.
- Write automated tests to build and maintain the product we build for our clients.
- Do code reviews with your squad members.
- Learn new technologies, languages, and techniques so that you are able to adapt to the evolving needs of our clients.
- Mentor junior members via pair-programming and sharing your knowledge through team rituals (sprint planning and bi-weekly retrospectives).
- Collaborate with other team members to define the internal processes and initiatives to help the company accomplish its mission. Our handbook has been written by the whole team.
Why You'll Love Working Here
You will be proud of any product that has our name on it.
- We are an engineering-focused company. Both co-founders are software engineers and led the tech teams at the most prominent e-commerce powerhouses in South East Asia.
- We really pay attention and care about processes, high quality, and aesthetics.
Strong processes. We not only believe but also really work following agile principles. Developers work on well-sized and well-defined user stories, do estimate using points and work iteratively in short sprints (1-2 weeks).
- Regular one-on-one reviews to constantly improve and grow. We have a clearly defined process for our developers to level up continuously not only their technical skills but also soft skills.
The vast amount of learning resources (Pluralsight, Pragpub, Leanpub, (e-)books, etc.) and yearly education allowance to step up your game.
- Private health insurance, social welfare coverage, and company care fund when someone in the team is in need.
- Great equipment consisting of a MacBook Pro, large screens, and any accessory to let you work comfortably. Our equipment is renewed every 3 years.
- Casual work attire for everyone.
- Comfortable and modern office space environment in the heart of HCMC in district 1 and Da Nang.
- 25 days of paid leaves/year (10 public holidays + 15 personal days).
- Sabbatical month every 3 years.
- Company outing every year.
- Many more perks!
5 or more years of professional iOS development experience. Experience in both Objective-C and Swift is ideal. If you do not have experience in Swift, you must be open to learn and work on it.
Proven ability to lead large mobile projects end-to-end from architecture to implementation and deployment.
- Advanced experience in writing automated tests for mobile applications.
- Enjoy working on challenging solutions and systems.
- Believe that building great applications is not only about delivering code that “works”, but involves thinking about reusability, maintainability, security and performance.
- A "Can do attitude" and a product mindset.
- Confidence in communicating in English.
- This position is open for both Ho Chi Minh city and Da Nang.
- Due to COVID-19 and international travel restriction, we are able to process candidates who are currently residing in Vietnam only. If you are living outside of Vietnam, we will get in touch with you once the travel ban is lifted.