We are a team of passionate software engineers, product managers and designers that enjoy building outstanding web and mobile applications.
Millions of people use our apps. We work for companies of all sizes; from 1-person startups to Fortune 500 enterprises. We take a collaborative and product development approach, creating custom software that people will love to use and solving our clients' problems so that they can focus on what they do best - better.
If you want to grow together, work on challenging products and enjoy using the best tools and practices, Nimble is the right place for you! We keep our recruitment process practical and straightforward.
To learn more about how we work, check our handbook named Compass, Github organisation and Medium account.
Want to see what we have built? Check our Dribbble and Behance accounts.
What you will do
- You will be an active member of the development team (2-3 developers) in a project squad working with a development Team Lead, a Product Owner and UX/UI Designer.
- Participate actively in choosing which technologies are going to be used for front-end, back-end and defining the overall architecture.
- Write clean, composable, and maintainable code as you develop word-class products for our clients.
- Write automated tests to build and maintain the product we build for our clients.
- Do code reviews with your squad members.
- Learn new technologies, languages, and techniques so that you are able to adapt to the evolving needs of our clients.
- Collaborate with other team members to define the internal processes and initiatives to help the company accomplish its mission. Our handbook has been written by the whole team.
Why working with us
- Having impact. You will be able to have big responsibilities, autonomy and the opportunity to quickly level up your career while building apps used by many users.
- Sane work processes. We not only believe into but also really work following agile principles. Developers work on well-sized and well-defined user stories, do estimate using points and work iteratively in short sprints (1-2 weeks).
- Engineering focused environment. Both co-founders are software engineers. So as a company, we care about processes, using the right tools and testing thoroughly the application we work on.
- Regular one-on-one reviews to constantly improve and grow. We have a clearly defined process for our developers to level up continuously not only their technical skills but also soft skills.
- Continuous learning with a yearly education allowance, monthly investment-time sessions, and access to subscription-based online services (Pluralsight, PragPub, LeanPub...).
- Private medical insurance.
- Great equipment consisting of a MacBook Pro, 2 large screens, and other great accessories (Bluetooth headset, laptop stand...). Equipment is renewed every 3 years.
- Casual work attire for everyone.
- Comfortable and modern office space environment in the heart of HCMC in district 1.
- Visa and work permit for foreigners. If you live abroad, we provide a relocation assistance package consisting of a plane ticket allowance and up to 3 weeks of initial accommodation.
3 years or more of professional Ruby/Rails development experience.
- Comfortable working both on frontend and back-end.
- Experience in writing automated tests for web applications.
- Enjoy working on challenging solutions and systems.
- Believe that building great applications is not only about delivering code that “works”, but involves thinking about reusability, maintainability, security and performance.
- A "Can do attitude" and a product mindset.
- Confidence in communicating in English.
- Willing to relocate to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.