Internship - Software Developer
We are a team of passionate software engineers, product managers, and designers that enjoy building outstanding web and mobile applications.
Millions of people use our apps. We work for companies of all sizes; from 1-person startups to Fortune 500 enterprises. We take a collaborative and product development approach, creating custom software that people will love to use and solving our clients' problems so that they can focus on what they do best - better.
If you want to grow together, work on challenging products and enjoy using the best tools and practices, Nimble is the right place for you! We keep our recruitment process practical and straightforward.
To learn more about how we work, check our handbook named Compass, Github organization, and Medium account.
Want to see what we have built? Check our Dribbble and Behance accounts.
What You Will Do
As our Software Developer Intern, you will work on real-life projects. You will join our international team and report directly to the CTO and co-founder.
The following tasks will be part of your new role:
- You will be an active member of the development team (2-3 developers) in a project squad working with a development Team Lead, a Product Owner and UX/UI Designer.
- Write clean, composable, and maintainable code as you develop world-class products for our clients.
- Write automated tests to build and maintain the product we build for our clients.
- Do code reviews with your squad members.
- Learn new technologies, languages, and techniques so that you are able to adapt to the evolving needs of our clients.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- We will take care of you as you are part of us. It means this is a paid internship working in real-life web and mobile applications used by many users.
You will be proud of any product that has our name on it.
- We are an engineering-focused company. Both co-founders are software engineers and led the tech teams at the most prominent e-commerce powerhouses in South East Asia.
- We really pay attention and care about processes, high quality, and aesthetics.
Strong processes. We not only believe but also really work following agile principles. Developers work on well-sized and well-defined user stories, do estimate using points and work iteratively in short sprints (1-2 weeks).
- Regular one-on-one reviews to constantly improve and grow. We have a clearly defined process for our developers to level up continuously not only their technical skills but also soft skills.
The vast amount of learning resources (Pluralsight, Pragpub, Leanpub, (e-)books, etc.) and yearly education allowance to step up your game.
- Great equipment consisting of a MacBook Pro, large screens, and any accessory to let you work comfortably. Our equipment is renewed every 3 years.
- Casual work attire for everyone.
- Comfortable and modern office space environment in the heart of Bangkok next to BTS Asoke and MRT Sukhumvit (Interchange 21).
- Our office kitchen is fully stocked with drinks and snacks for the team.
- Company outing every year.
- Many more perks!
Read what some of the past interns had to say about their internship with us:
- This position is only for Thai nationals.
You are in the last year of university studies, either a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- You can intern at least 5-6 months in our team.
- Enjoy having "pet projects", learning new languages and frameworks.
- Enjoy working on challenging solutions and systems.
- Maintain a clean codebase and love beautiful code.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Enjoy working independently.
Confidence in communicating in English.
Willing to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand.