UX/UI Designer (Hybrid)
HCM - Da Nang, Hồ Chí Minh, VietnamProduct
We are a team of passionate software engineers, product managers, and designers that enjoy building outstanding web and mobile applications.
Millions of people use our apps. We work for companies of all sizes; from 1-person startups to Fortune 500 enterprises. We take a collaborative and product development approach, creating custom software that people will love to use and solving our clients' problems so that they can focus on what they do best - better.
If you want to grow together, work on challenging products and enjoy using the best tools and practices, Nimble is the right place for you! We keep our recruitment process practical and straightforward.
At Nimble, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all individuals are treated with respect and have an equal opportunity to thrive.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- You master the tools of your craft such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, etc.
- You are intimately familiar with all core steps of the design process: user research, user flows, wireframing, and UI design.
- You have expert knowledge of user experience, design patterns, and platform-specific design (e.g., iOS vs. Android).
- You know how to create advanced, highly dynamic, and convincing prototypes.
- You continuously stay up-to-date with industry trends, tools, and frameworks.
- You have excellent time management and work organization skills.
- You have an English Professional working proficiency.
- You have great listening and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- You are used to working closely with Engineers to see through the correct implementation of your designs.
- You have some experience with development.
What does a typical workday look like?
Although each day is usually different and presents its own challenges, there are common themes that you will face every day.
- Discovering new projects, understanding the pain points and users’ expectations, and defining how to approach the problems or innovations through user experience.
- Designing, wireframing, prototyping.
- Supporting Engineering with design implementation.
- Interacting with Product Managers and iterating on designs.
- Interacting with external stakeholders, listening to and understanding their feedback while defending your design decisions.
- Reporting and providing insights to the Chief Product Officer.
- Identifying and leading new design initiatives.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- You will be proud of any product that has our name on it.
- We really pay attention and care about processes, high quality, and aesthetics.
- Strong processes. We not only believe but also really work following agile principles.
- Regular one-on-one reviews to constantly improve and grow. We have a clearly defined process for our developers to level up continuously not only their technical skills but also soft skills.
- The vast amount of learning resources (Pluralsight, Pragpub, Leanpub, (e-)books, etc.) and yearly education allowance to step up your game.
- Private medical insurance (Liberty) from day one.
- Great equipment consists of a new MacBook, large screens, and any accessory to let you work comfortably.
- Casual work attire for everyone.
- Comfortable and modern office space environment in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang.
- Our office kitchen is fully stocked with drinks and snacks for the team.
- Visa and work permit for foreigners. If you live abroad, we provide a relocation assistance package consisting of a plane ticket allowance and up to 2 weeks of initial accommodation.
- 26 days of paid leaves/year (11 public holidays + 15 personal days).
- Sabbatical month every 3 years.
- And many more perks!
- At least 3 years of professional design experience.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of design projects.
- Master in your toolset: Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, or Photoshop. If you do not have experience in some of these tools, you must be open to learn and work on them.
- Constantly keeping updated with the latest design trends.
- Being comfortable working with engineers and product managers.
- Confidence in communicating in English.